"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5
Day after Thanksgiving acknowledgements. I am thankful for and acknowledge my Savior for:
1. The basic necessities of life given in rich abundance: food, shelter, clothing. I have immediate access to nutritious food and clean water; I have a warm, safe house with lots of stuff I love; I have clothing for every need and every season.
2. The love of family and friends--considered by many the fourth basic necessity of life.
3. My children. Kind, loving, interesting, compassionate, and humorous--one and all. They make me proud and allow me to experience the love my Heavenly Father has for all of His children.
4. My son- and daughters-in-law. I love them as much as I love my children. Which says a lot.
5. My grandchildren. For me, as close to a fifth basic necessity of life as possible. I know that many people never are given the blessing of children and grandchildren, so I am even more grateful that Heavenly Father has allowed me this opportunity. My fondest desire is that my love for them can help them in their lives in whatever way is needed.
7. My students who teach me to listen and love while I teach them the order of operations and when to use commas.
9. Chocolate. I think it's more than just food.
10. Cats. Really. I know it makes me sound lonely and pathetic, but I really really like cats.